Saturday, July 12, 2008

JLA: New World Order

Written by: Grant Morrison
Penciled by: Howard Porter


Minor spoilers ahead...


Here's a JLA story that show how an "ordinary" Batman can be relevant in a DC Universe filled with guys who can bend steel and break the sound barrier.





A new super-team, calling themselves The Hyperclan, shows up out of the blue with promises to save the world. While using their considerable powers to do things like growing a rain forest in the desert, they use the media to undermine the JLA. While all the heroes think something is off with these new guys, it's Batman who discovers their secret and almost single handedly brings them down.

2 comments:

Lambo said...

I really need to read Morrison's JLA run. And everything else he's ever written. But Howard Porter makes Tony Daniel look like Frank Quitely.

brodieman34 said...

I've never had strong feelings one way or the other about Porter. I guess if I had to choose between like and dislike, I'd say I like him. His art is very stylized (almost 90's-esque), but it's unique, so I don't have a problem with it.