Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Grandpa Jones?


So, production is underway on Indiana Jones 4, and I'm pretty excited about it. I know a lot of fans of the Indy movies are less than enthusiastic about seeing "Indiana Jones and the Ravages of Age", but I don't buy that Harrison Ford is too old to pull off the Jones character. And I don't want to hear anymore of this crap about replacing Ford with a younger actor, like in the Bond movies. No one else can wear the fedora! Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones. Sure it may be a little far fetched that a guy in his 60's would be able to swing around on a bullwhip, but we all know that Ford is in the best shape possible for a man his age. Besides that, I'm expecting an experienced and more cerebral version of Indy, while the heavy lifting in the stunt department will likely be handled by Shia Labeouf, who is expected to play Indy's son. Besides, how can you doubt Steven Spielberg? The guy hasn't made a bad movie since HOOK. That's been awhile. I do have one issue that's bugging me, however. Sean Connery has declined to reprise his role as Henry Jones Sr. (Indy's pops), due to his current retirement status. He has been replaced by John Hurt.
Bullsh*t.
No. F*cking. Way.
John Hurt is a fine actor. I thought he was good in both HELLBOY and V FOR VENDETTA, but no one can replace Sean Connery (just ask Roger Moore). I really hope the script has been tweaked so that Hurt is playing Indy's uncle or an associate of Henry Jones, or something. Anything. Having said that, I still have faith in Spielberg, Lucas, and Ford, and I expect the movie to be a worthy addition to a great franchise. After this let's do 4 more!

No comments: